Wednesday, December 31, 2008

A Martial Decision - Ode to Ty O'Neill


This is from an email to Ty O'Neill, writer and all around badass mofo:

"Been thinking a great deal about my current martial arts study and have decided to drop the Muay Thai and concentrate on the Kenpo and Jujitsu.

I tell you this as you are instrumental in the decision process on two counts:

1. I don't want to be a
dilettante. Ever since you brought that concept up I have checked myself on it regularly as it has been an issue with me. I understand the power of focus and 10,000 hours.

2. After our last pad session I see that I can get the devastators I need from Kenpo."

Ty and I hit the pad the other day and he nearly broke my ribs with some rusty punches. He is a good friend and creative inspiration. 




About Me

My photo
LA, CA, United States
oldground@gmail.com www.thehooperexperience.com